Saturday 14 March 2015

Happy Saturday!

Oh I love Saturdays! Especially Saturday's after a crazy week and especially when my hubby isn't working. Today was one of THOSE Saturday's! 


The day started off with a lovely lie in. It was one of those lie ins when you wake up and then slowly just drift off for another snooze. I love these types of Saturday lay ins. We also didn't have any plans today so snoozing was an acceptable way to spend the morning. It was also sunny this morning! Shocking!! It feels like the winter has been going on for a long time. I love the winter - I adore snuggling, hot chocolate, heating and blankets but even I'm ready for a bit of sun now. 

The daffodils are starting to come out and the sun shining really made it feel like there's light at the end of this grey winter. I had one of those moments today when you have a memory feeing. Have you had one of those?! I don't know what it was but I had the window open wide and the breeze was blowing in. The light outside and the breeze bought over a magical memory moment. It didn't make me reminisce over a particular event but it didn't take me back to my teenage years when the seasons were perfectly tuned in to school terms - Spring was the start of the home run towards the summer holidays. The nervousness of a new school year had gone and you had settled into a steady routine and friendships with those around you. Suddenly the 29 year old me had been swept away and the 14 year old me was back. What a lovely start to the day!

After venturing into town for last minute Mothers Day supplies the hubby and I retreated to our little bubble (aka our flat!)& snuggled in for the afternoon. We spent the rest of the day on the sofa with a blanket and hot water bottle (holding on to those last few winter moments), cups of tea and enjoyed a Neighbours marathon on the box - it was a pretty happy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment